Rogue, that is. My last post, I said "...maybe I'll just tear out the arms and re-knit them - again - in the round to make them look nice and not finish the sweater until next year. ...Again."
And this is exactly what ended up happening. Sleeves were ripped and redone (and I have now ended up making a total of five sleeves for this sweater; apparently I am most of an octopus), they are now are not terrible bag-things, and are actually attached to the sweater.
I have been working on this thing for three years. I almost don't know what to do with myself, now.
(...oh wait except I do, since I ordered the yarn for Travis's sweater earlier this week, oops. I have promised that I will have it to him by next January.)
But, yes, it's been a long while coming on this thing. It was the first fitted garment I ever started; I finished a baby sweater or two before finishing this thing, but it's still the only adult-sized thing I've made. I learned a lot: complicated cabling, finishing techniques, seams of all sorts, how to put in set-in sleeves, what my favourite increase is (lifted), aaaand the importance of actually blocking your gauge swatch. :p And I am really good at churning out sleeves, now. I should be, after five of the blasted things.
(They really do look much better than they did, though. Glad I redid them.)
Pictures tomorrow. Maybe of the Ohm shawl I did, too, just so's I can get something on Ravelry for that.
In other news, my father nearly bit it over the New Years holiday while I was out of town; there were shenanigans involving comas and stupid-high levels of ammonia, among other things. Obviously he is (mostly) better now, but he's still going to end up needing a liver transplant before too long. Still have not processed all my feelings about that particular episode yet; probably will not for a while.